Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Three Ws: Writing, Working, and Worrying

Wow!  It's been a couple of months since I last wrote a post.  I hope nobody thought I died.  Is it because I'm over it?  No.  Is it because I've run out of ideas?  Nope.  Is it because the elastic is shot in my underwear?  Nah.

It's because I'm working on a new book, working on finding an agent, and taking time to breathe.  Let the creative juices rest a while.

So, it's time to get back to work.  I'm moving some stuff off the plate and reorganize what's left.  This includes the two new books --  a love story and a ghost story.  I've found lots of encouragement in the past couple of months.

First, the love story.  I'm going to admit right here.  It's a little autobiographical.  A long-line of making choices, reeling in obsessions, and rolling with the punches.  I'll just have to sit back and see what happens.

Second, I recently saw the new film Crimson Peak.  What a wonderfully delicious Gothic ghost story. Loved it.  It's not quite what my ghost story is about, but the atmosphere reminded me of what I want to kind-of do with mine.

Both are hard to write.  Both have been moving rather slowly.

Then there's the agent search.  It's slow moving.  In fact, it's almost at a complete stand-still.  I have lots of leads.   I need to write a query letter and read over each agent's requirements.  Following the rules is a major part of the search.

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...