Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Wow! That Long!

Check out the date on that last post!  June 9th!  It's September 14th.  I can't believe it's been that long since I last posted.  Well, dear readers, it's not because I'm twiddling my thumbs. I've been working on a new book, two short stories, researching agents, and working on a certain part of my life.

Let me tell you about my new book.  It has nothing to do with The Time Savers Club. It is not a children's book.  It is about two people having an affair for the last thirty or so years.

Bea and Adam fell in love in college and parted ways and broke each other's hearts.  Bea went her way and Adam his.  A few years later, they met by accident and the flames re-ignite.  Their story goes from there. Bea is married to "The Ass" (as she likes to call him) and has three children.  Adam is a widow and has a daughter.  I have based them on a variety of people I know (or have known) and loved...  And yes, even hated.  There's some hell and some heaven. It is a little autobiographical. Some parts are hard to write.  But I can do it!

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.  I've got several chapters written, some outlined, and, yep, there's a few blank ones.  I have no idea what to to with those.  I'm sure sometime in the middle of night... or in the shower which happens a lot... that they'll start talking to me and away we'll go.

As for the two short stories, they are both gay-focused.  I really try not to throw my preferences out there, but these two short stories really reflect my thoughts and ideas about what it means to me.  I have completed one; the other's on its way. It's longer and will take a while.

One last thing.  Rejection.  I am coming to terms with my overwhelming fear of rejection. I mean the BIG FEAR of rejection.  In fact, it keeps me from going after what I want (or think that I want... well as least interested enough in to find out if it's what I really want... It's complicated.)

I have a list of agents for The Time Savers Club but have yet to email them.  I've been going out more and I'll see someone I think is really cute or interesting or whatever, but do I say "Hey" or "How's it going?"  Nope.  I just stand there. Horribly tongue-tied.  A big bundle of fear of rejection!  I think "Why bother? It's just going to be...  Well, yet another rejection."  So, I just move on.

*Sigh*  I'm working on it.

Thanks for reading.  Hugs to all.

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...