Wednesday, December 21, 2011

General Thoughts

So, my book is finished in the sense of telling the story.  While I am editing the second half, I got two very eager volunteers to read the first half.  Only one has commented so far and I am anxious to hear what the other one has to say.

Writing has been a real experience for me.   As I keep chuggin' away on this blog, I do wonder "Is anyone out there reading this stuff?"   But, that doesn't seem to matter.   I am writing.  It has taken my life down a whole new path.  And it feels like a great one to be on.

I have several short story ideas in mind and have a few new ones started.   One of my New Year's resolutions is to go back and edit each of them.   My goal has been write and post it with little editing.  After re-reading the second half of my book, now I know I really need an editor.  I have gained much appreciation already for them and what they do.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...