Friday, May 25, 2012

Almost, but not yet...

As I prepare for another weekend of languishing, staring at the monitor, and tapping on the keyboard, I am confident about my first book.   I had six reviews and each provided vast insight.  

After chopping and pruning, "the word-letting" has stopped and new words are flowing again.   This time, Sam had new direction and a better goal.  It was tough, but I did it.  Hey, it's not easy watching the story -- the one you gave birth to-- go through growing pains, but it was necessary.  

And now, I love it even more, which (and with my low self-evaluation of the book) may mean others like it less.  Who knows. 

All I know are these two thoughts... 

If you're out there reading this, thanks for reading.   I have talked about this book for a long time!   As far as I'm concerned, the end is near.  The editing process could go on for years!  Once again, thanks for hanging on.

And second, two quotes from a song from the Disney's thrilling Broadway musical, Mary Poppins...
"Anything can happen if you let it..." and "If you reach for the stars, all you get are the stars, so we found a whole new spin, if you reach for the heavens, you get the stars thrown in..."

Please be right, Mary Poppins!  Please be right, Mary Poppins!  PLEASE be right...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...