Saturday, May 12, 2012

John Bellairs


Jerimiah Cronin house in Marshall from MichMarkers.com

I recently travel to Marshall, Michigan, hometown of my favorite author, John Bellairs.   Bellairsia has vast amounts of information about him and his work.  He was known for his mystery novels featuring Lewis Barnavelt, Anthony Monday, and Johnny Dixon.  

The other night, I began re-reading The House with the Clock in It's Walls.  The house is based on a real Italianate house in Marshall.    I borrowed this photograph from MichMarkers.com.   I took my own photographs but haven't downloaded them yet.

John Bellairs is my inspiration to write.  His writing style is simple, clean, and easy to read.   I have found my style to be similiar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...