Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Letter to My Mother

Dear Mother,

It's funny to think that I called you "Mother."  Never "Mom", sometimes "Mama."  I always thought of "Mother" as an endearing title.  I also thought it provided more respect.

Oh, I wanted to say thank you right off the top of the bat.   I just know it was you that said "Why don't you write a book" that early morning.  After all, I was thinking about you and all of your books when I got the idea.  Book one is out there and now I'm onto book two.  It's almost ready for the world.

I can't believe that five years have past.   It doesn't seem possible.  Of course, now Dad's with you and who knows what you two are doing.   I was right.  Somehow I knew when you went he would follow within five years.   To be honest, I never really stopped morning.  It just transferred from you to him a couple of years after you.  Somehow, I just knew he wouldn't be around much longer.  

Can you believe that it's been a year since Uncle Dick died.  And almost a year for Uncle Ron.  It makes me realize how time flies.  I never fully understood that when I heard people talking about it, but when I turned 40, it really hit.

Well, we've got to go through our first Christmas without either of you.   I started my own Thanksgiving tradition and I'm fine with it.   This Christmas will be so hard.   I think I'm more worried about Robin than anyone else.  And maybe John.   Dad's with you. The house is gone, so no Christmas morning rituals.   Jess is in jail.  I'll have to keep tabs on her.   We're planning a family get together the weekend before Christmas as a new tradition.

Anyway.

Gotta go.

Love ya.  Miss ya.

Christopher the Third

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...