Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Once you learn to be happy..."

"Once you learn to be happy, you won't tolerate being around people who make you feel any thing less."

Not sure who said it, didn't bother to do an Internet search to see, but...  I really love this quote and I send my thanks to whoever originally said it.

I've decided not to settle for anything less than being happy.  Some days, I wake up and feel slow and just can't get it moving, but somehow I always end up being in a good mood.    Personally, I think it's because I've seen death and know that it's coming sometime in my life.  Sad, scary, but true.  I figure what's the point of worrying about stuff that's beyond my control and turn my attention to the things that I can.

Writing has become my passion.  I don't feel that I am good at it, but that's what drives me.  To become good at it.   I'm not out to writing "the great American novel" as I read on some unknown writer's blog or website.  I don't remember who it was.  Guess he hasn't got the great American novel after all.

What I really want to do is entertain you, dear reader.  I'm standing at a fork in the road and, as Yogi Berra once said, I think I'll take it.

Short but sweet and to the point.

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...