Tuesday, March 4, 2014

An Old Post from The Time Savers Club

I have retired The Time Savers Blog.   Too much to juggle.   Write the books...  Post on the blog...  I chose to write the books.   However, as I clear away the blog, I just have to re-post some of the posts here.   So here's one...

A couple of weeks ago, I had the honor of having lunch with Xavier Graff to talk about the completion of book one.  He had some interesting comments.

CSM:  What do you think?  You've read it.  Did I get it right?

XG:  From my point of view, you did, dear.  I have always thought our club's adventures and stories should be recorded, although I never thought they would be novelized.

CSM: Great.  I'm happy to hear I got the story right.   I need to write on my other blog about what I learned.  I can't believe I wrote a book.  Be it good or not, I did it.   I am grateful to the club for their support and choosing me to write it.

XG:  You're welcome, love.  You just needed some confidence.  Your writing will improve over time.   You have started on book two, yes?

CSM:  Yep. I think I have everything. I need to clarify some stuff, so I need to talk to Sam and Mrs. Steers. Otherwise, I have started.  My goal is 6 months to the first draft.

XG: I think that is a reasonable goal. I find it interesting to look back at the club's first introduction to Sam. I remember the first time I laid eyes on him.  He was talking to Lottie on her front porch.  I only saw him a moment.  He looked so young.  Of course, now the events in your trilogy are over and we've had other adventures since then.  He is a wonderful addition to the club.  Hopefully, he will learn his true life's goal.

CSM:  Interesting.  Yes, my readers aren't aware that the books are based on recent past events.  Mainly from last year.  You have a long history with club, don't you? I've seen the name Graff in early records of the club's archives. Weren't you younger than Sam when you got involved?

XG:  Yes, I was seven.  Was I ever so young?  My family has been involved with the club for several generations.  They have fabulous stories to tell.   My Uncle Griff likes to tell about my first initiation.   We traveled back to the French Revolution.   I saw Marie Antoinette beheaded.  Dear lord, it was awful to watch.  I cried and cried.  Oh lord, did I cry.  She was very beautiful.  People cheered.  I was so upset.

CSM:  You must have been terrorized at such a young age.

XG:  I was.  I had a several dreadful nights afterwards.  I didn't sleep.   Now, I have an infatuation with her.

CSM:  Cool.  Well, I'm glad we got together for lunch and chat.   I think I will schedule another interview with you.   It sounds like you could have lots of stories.

XG:  Sounds good to me, sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...