Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Published!

When I started down this path, I never planned to write a book.  My aim was low.  Write a short story and enter it into a few contests to see what would happen.  Now, 2 1/2 years later, I completed a 40,000-word book with two more to follow.

I had a simple idea.   Write a short story about a boy, a friend, time travel, and Jack the Ripper.  From that one plot idea came an entire cast of characters, a full-blown plot, and a story that wouldn't be told in one book.

It's been two days since The Fingerprint of Jack appeared on Amazon for sale.  And I have to admit that I still don't feel like an writer.  My main reasoning is that I'm not done with the story. I have two more books and a ton of story to tell to complete the trilogy.  In addition, several other stories are wanting to be told.  Nagging at me, knocking at my mental door.  "Let us out," they shout!

Now, I'm worrying that I will die without telling all of them.  

Guess I've got a lot to live for!

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...