Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Working on book two, mopping the floor, painting the walls

As an in-experienced novice to the writer's life, I am curious to know about other writers schedules.  

Do they take time off to paint their apartment or living room walls?
Rearrange furniture?
Cook and bake?
Mop the floor?
Go shopping?

Of course, they have to be human.  At least I think they are.  

Sometimes, I berate myself into not taking time off for life.   I feel compelled to write all the time, but I don't.  I have either not reached a stage to call myself a serious writer or I'm afraid that it might really develop into something. 

So far, I've spent only a little time working book two, but with some success.  I'm over 20,000 words.  The Fingerprint of Jack ended with just over 47,000.  That seems like good progress on book two.

Writers have lives.  They take vacations.  They might write while on vacation, but none the less, they take vacations.  I take time off to sit around and watch TV.  I just finished a Golden Girls marathon.   I call recharging.  Taking time off after sending TFOJ out into the world.  Now, I waiting on some responses to it.   Do you like it?  Do you hate it?  It doesn't matter.  My attitude isn't based on reviews.  I don't like a lot books I've read, but I've never e-mailed a writer and urged them to stop.

Oh well, keeping writing... keep writing... keep writing...

CSM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...