Sunday, June 8, 2014

For Carrie

So, my friend and coworker, Carrie, recently lost her Mom.  Something that I have experienced in my life.  I thought about what to say to her about this loss and I've come up with just a few pieces of advice.

First, your Mom isn't gone from you, she's left to do other stuff and you are temporarily apart.

Second, don't ever stop talking to her, because she is probably listening and will respond in her own way.

Third, if you think she might be hanging out with you, she may be.  Who's to say she isn't?

And last, even though she is out of sight, you are still her little girl.  Not matter what.  Don't ever let go of being her little girl.

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...