Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tune in this time for: Spare Change, or Ruts A'Matter with You

I declare my independence from my past, ruts and all.  My personal history is what shaped me to this point, but it is not who I want to be next.  There's a lot to be learned from my history like what to do or not to do on a date, or they will charge you major fees for overdrafts, or even worse, do not pass gas in the middle of winter in your car. Think before you do it because, if you roll down a window, you'll freeze.  Or you might pass out and almost drive into a ditch.  But I digress...

Like most of everyone else, I've got my baggage.  Unfortunately, I think mine has turned into two steamer trunks, three regular size suitcases, and at least a dozen or so carry-ons.  I'm beginning to think I should apply to be a hotel porter.  Carrying around emotional baggage can get pretty rough. It's the hot thing to do; everybody's doing it.  Sorry, this isn't a passing fad.   But I have to ask myself, what good is all this baggage? If I haven't learned from it now, will I ever?

It's not just emotional baggage, but there's also the physical baggage.  The stuff that sits around, gathers dust, and doesn't have much purpose.   Sorry, I take that back...  What a better way to get exercise than to dust all that stuff?  Wait, who am I kidding!  I can't even get my butt off the couch and onto the stair stepper, which by the way would have to be dusted first.

Making changes in my life isn't going to be easy.  It means getting out of those comfortable-old ruts, the easy-way of thinking, and getting back down to a pants size that really fits.  It's gonna be hard to do.   I'm just saying that I think it would be easier to just look in the mirror, point at my middle, and say "Since when did spare car tires become fashionable to wear?"  I don't drink beer, so I can't use the excuse that belly's a liquid grain storage facility.

All of these types of baggage are a part of my sweet simple past, but now I'm looking to build am adventuresome, sordid future.  What this means is forcing some change, which I've determined that I can spare, and getting out of those nasty comfortable ruts.   Nobody really likes to make changes, but I think I need to, especially if I'm going out and creating a new way of living life.  This change has got to be more than just underwear...  Hmmm... maybe free-balling it might be interesting.

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...