Monday, December 19, 2016

The Year 2016 in Review... Or Thank God This Year's Over

Well, the year 2016 is almost over and once again, I failed to accomplish the following...

Lose 50 pounds
Win the Hoosier lottery
Find a boyfriend and build a long-lasting relationship
Make a New York style cheesecake
Go to Disneyland
Take a long weekend to New York City
Finish writing another book
Make out with or at least kiss Darren Criss
Meet Julie Andrews
Make an Academy Award winning movie
Fly to San Francisco
Win an Academy Award
Win a Pulitzer Prize
Win an all-expense paid trip to Paris for two
Play strip Candyland or strip Monopoly
Learn to fly a Sopwith camel
Buy a giraffe
Travel about the countryside in yellow-painted gypsy cart with a horse named Cyril
Read Vanna White's biography
Write a love letter to the boyfriend that I didn't find
Do the jig-saw puzzle of Florida sitting on the shelf in the bedroom closet
Find a lost stash of gold coins
Travel to Mars
Meet Joanne Worley of Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In
Punch anyone in the face
Try Absinthe
Get anything stuck in the vacuum cleaner hose
Establish contact with the Great Beyond
Memorize Edgar Allen Poe's poem The Raven
Dig up a dead body and put a normal brain in it and bring it to life in my castle laboratory
Learn to play the imaginary piano that I only bought in my head
Get snowed in at an all-male adult film convention
Discover the long lost city of Atlantis
Get stalked, as far as I know I didn't
Throw up after seeing a vagina... maybe gagged a little
Make promises that I didn't intend to keep

That's just a few of the things I didn't get done...  But I did get a lot of other things done...  And made some great strides... And I laughed and cried and hoped and prayed...  Maybe I'll get some of these done in 2017.

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...