Friday, December 2, 2016

Who is the real Christopher Marshall? Or... How the Hell Should I Know?

I was asked about my recent post titled "Dating... Or How to Spot a Jerk 10 Feet Away."  It's the previous post, just scroll down, you'll see it.  The reader wanted to know if it was all true and did all that really happen to me. (This person knows me too well.)  And then they went on to say "You need to show us the real you."  Well, okay.  Since one person asked, everybody gets to read.

First... yes, I'm going to digress... Erma Bombeck once said that while Jane Goodall was studying gorillas in the wild and working on her tan, she (Erma) was studying the lives of four homo sapiens in Ohio.  A husband, a daughter, and two sons.

Now that's good humor (or at least I think so).  I am an Erma Bombeck fan.  She studied people, with a focus on her family, in the most humorous way possible.  I want to write blog posts like Erma and sometimes I forget that.  And so I am trying to return to that.

So was the "Dating" post all true?  Yes, but I would say that 75% was made up of other people's crazy stories and weird experiences.  I just can't help but see the humor in the world around me.  There is so much craziness and it's so fricking funny!

I will say that the last part of the post was me.  The part about not settling for anything less.  The last couple of paragraphs came straight from my heart.  And I truly mean it.  (Hmmm... Sounds like a topic for another post.)

And now onto who is the real Christopher Marshall?

Well, he is a kind-hearted, loving, caring guy who gets hurt a lot because he cares too deeply to the point it's painful.  He can't help but feel empathy and sympathy for others, especially friends he cares about.  And he has lots of them nearby and across the country.

He watches movies and watches his favorites over and over. He spends an incredible amount of money on Legos.  That company has him hooked... Hook, line, and sinker!  And they're not the only one.  He would live in the Magic Kingdom, given the opportunity.  Those folks at Disney...  He just loves you...  And he just knows you love his money.

Fiction writing has become a major love and he gets highly frustrated when he feels like the imagination well has run dry, but then freaks when it's overflowing.  He is currently working on a new book idea with his favorite characters that he created.  He wants you to know... He writes fiction... most of the time.  Except for this post.

He strives for the heavens and gives it the best shot he can.  He loves life.  He loves liberty.  And he loves the pursuit of happiness.  He misses his parents. He has regrets.  And most of all, he loves, wants to be loved, and never gives up.  Well, that's not true... He knows when to give up and walk away.  And he has done it.  Several times.  But only in certain circumstances.  Maybe.  Okay, so he can't stop when he really should.  He really sometimes just needs to stop.  Just stop.

OMG!  Just stop writing about how he never gives up when he sometimes does...

Okay.  Done.

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...