Monday, May 13, 2013

To the Confessional, Batman!

To the confessional...   I have several things I should be confessing or sharing.  In time, I will.  Please don't judge me to harshly.  This is tough for me to write.  Some of you may have already known this, but for this post, here it is...

I have a thinking problem.   

I think too much.   I over-analyze.  I've staggered to and from my bed, drunk on thoughts.  I've spent many times over the toilet bowl, heaving thoughts until I was sure I would see my shoes.  Good thoughts.  Bad thoughts.   Obsessive thoughts.  Stupid thoughts.  Big thoughts.  Little thoughts.  (Don't worry, no suicidal thoughts.  I'm too eager to see how the rest of my life plays out.)

As they say on TV, the fact that I recognize I have a thinking problem tells me I am not too far gone.  The question is...

 "What is the cure?"   How do I cure this thinking problem?   I realize that right now the death of my father has made me think more, so it will lessen in time.  I'm not sure that I will be completely cured by that alone.  Time alone won't help.  I need professional help.  I wonder if Lucy Van Pelt is available.

CSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...