Thursday, June 7, 2012

Good Catch in Editing!

While I editing a chapter in the second half, I realized I need more description of Buckingham Palace.  Before proceeding with what I know as the current gates around it, I decided it would be best to check my facts.  And it's good I did.  
Francis Frith (maker)

I was able to find this 1850 to 1870 photograph of the Palace from the front.  And voila!  
The gates are nothing like the ones surrounding it today.  In fact, the current gates were installed in 1911.

The photograph is from the Victoria and Albert online collection which has some great research materials. 

I have to bookmark this site for future research and general surfing.  The Victoria and Albert Museum has such a great website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A View of the Town: Episode 16 -- Mrs. Abigail Symons Simmons

Welcome to  A View of the Town , the adventures of Dr. Willis Fletcher in a small coastal town in Maine. Offering tidbits of local color and...